Thursday 11 August 2011

Itinerary & Stage Info

Here's a bit of insight into what I've got in store for the next week and a bit, I've inlcuded the distance of each stage, total ascent and descent and details of "special stages" - several of the days have timed sections where the competitors race each other to get the quickest times over a set route:

Friday 12th: Pack and get last minute shit together
Saturday 13th: Pack because I'll have undoubtedly gotten bored and not bothered and spend 10 mins, shoving everything and more into carrier bags. Travel to Builth Wells, Registration, Pasta Party (try not to get into an awkward-not-knowing-anyone- drunk state)

Sunday 14th:Stage 1 - Builth to Knighton
Distance 81km.
Ascent: 2300m
Descent: 2240m
Special Stage - 1km technical climb

Monday 15th: Stage 2 - Knighton - clun
Distance: 84km
Ascent:2500m
Descent: 2500m
Special Stage: 5k Loop

Tuedsay 16th:Stage 3 - clun - Llanidloes
Distance: 73km
Ascent: 2000m
Descent: 2100m
No special stage

Wednesday 17th:Stage 4 - Llanidloes - Machynlleth
Distance: 84km
Ascent: 2260m
Descent: 2440m
6km "climax trail" (maybe I should pack some condoms after all)

Thurdsay 18th:Stage 5 - Machynlleth - cymystwyth
Distance: 75km
Ascent: 2350
Descent: 2150m
Special Stage: 8.5km loop

Friday 19th:Stage 6 - cymystwyth - cilycwm
Distance: 75km
Ascent:2200m
Descent: 2300m
Special Stage: 6km Night Stage

Saturday 20th: Stage 7 - cilycwm - Builth Wells
Distance: 62km
Ascent:1650m
Descent: 1540m

After Party!!

Simon's offered to come and pick me and my broken bits up after and drive back on the Sunday and join in the merriment of the aftermath (should I even make it that far!)

It's not til I read through what's entailed that I realise the magnitude of what I'm about to put myself through.....

What doesn't kill yer eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment